The “closing” is nothing more than the finalization of your real estate purchase. Expect to take the day off or have a flexible schedule to accommodate possible changes in time.
Plan on approx 2 hours, but some closings are shorter and some longer.
All parties are typically present at the closing (buyer, seller, listing Realtor, selling Realtor, listing broker, title company closing officer, & sometime the loan officer).
Bring these items with you:
- Cashiers check or certified check in the amount of the cash required to close made out to the title company at which the closing is taking place. Do NOT bring cash!
- Driver’s license or state identification card
You will will receive the following items at the closing:
- A package with copies of all the closing documents presented during the closing
- Keys to your new home and garage door opener(s) (if applicable) if occupancy is at closing.
- A personal check in the proper amount for rent from the seller(s) if occupancy is not at closing